Tuesday 24 July 2012

Week 01 - 3D


This is one of the photo that I took when I visited and walked around the park and garden of Heide Museum of Modern Art down at Melbourne. This stack design seems from a very simple symbol but fully art feeling. It also giving a relax and nature modern visual in this kind of park and rural view. A normal sculpture which be make by other material such as bronze statue would presenting incompatible in this rural scenery.




If you have ever walk down the city mall of Adelaide than you would have to see those cute pig sculpture.  I found they are funny and cute because they look like walking around people and some are like this... trying to find food from bin and there' s also rubbish sculpture on the top of the bin which is adorable!!


Walking along the singapore river in Singapore, you'll see those kids statue which is also famous in Singapore. Those kids with only underwear jumping into the city river, this design is very lively.


A falling library/ Melbourne city. 
A little block of library building lying outside the main entry of Victoria Library. What do you think they are trying to telling? I'm thinking it might tells : people now busy in TV, computer, mobile and game...etc, and not normally read, therefore the library falling...


Ideally sauce little pot with spoon. This is what I found in a Japanese restaurant. It's small like a chocolate ball. I like small delicate things. 




DARREN FRISINA’S AWESOME PERSPECTIVE DRAWINGS





Reference : http://pencilfury.tumblr.com/


Darren Frisina is a australia graphic designer with strong illustrator skill. His skill in using colour pencil in drawing illustration is what I like to follow. The colour pencil drawing to presenting perspective image is brilliant and the style is what I like. If I could able try to get close the be like that, my kid's story book will be no problem. So using 2D drawing to present 3D visual, can we say this is 3D?



3 comments:

  1. This is a very good post. Lots of your own photos and observations and reflection. Excellent work.

    Could you please check your weekly entries against the doc "Task 01 - Blog Creation". There is a checklist in this doc.

    To complete your post this week you need to include a website URL and/or YouTube video with at least 50 words commentary.

    Email me when you are done so I can check it out.
    Thanks Queenie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to catch up Queenie - this is the second time I have asked you to post a YouTube or web link with commentary. Please complete.

    ReplyDelete